In September 2010, the Better Market Street (BMS) project formed a Community Advisory Committee (CAC), from a diverse selection of demographic, geographic and advocacy groups. During the conceptual design phase, the CAC functioned as an effective means of communication between the BMS project team and local residents, business owners and community representatives.
An expanded Community Advisory Committee has been selected for phase II of the project. For more information about the BMS CAC, refer to the Memorandum and Charter. The first phase II BMS CAC meeting was held on March 31, from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at the Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street (at 8th Street).
The BMS CAC will:
- Represent interest groups from throughout the City and County of San Francisco, with an emphasis on constituencies working and living within the project area.
- Hold regular meetings.
- Hear project presentations on the approach, content and data at appropriate times.
- Allow comments and points of view of participants to be heard and recorded.
- Ensure that the project team is aware of community priorities.
- Provide a channel to disseminate project information to the community and for the project team to receive feedback from the community.
- Hear updates and provide advice about our City partners' complementary projects on Market Street.
Please check back here for future meeting information.
Meeting agendas and minutes of the phase II CAC will be posted here as they become available.
|Meeting Date||Agendas||Minutes / Presentations / Etc.|
|March 31, 2014||Meeting Agenda||Minutes / Presentation|
|September 30, 2013||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|June 24, 2013||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|February 11, 2013||Meeting Agenda||Minutes / Presentation / Sign-In Sheet|
|April 30, 2012||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|February 27, 2012||Meeting Agenda|
|November 28, 2011||Meeting Agenda|
|June 27, 2011||Meeting Minutes|
|March 28, 2011||Meeting Agenda|